H. M. Abdul Matin
B.Sc. Engineering (Civil), Rajshahi University, 1972.
M.Sc. Engineering (Geotechnical), University of Newcastle Upon Tyne, UK, 1983
Engr. H.M. Abdul Matin heads the technical and financial management of the firm. He has extensive diversified experience in overall project management, planning and implementation of a large number of projects in Roads and Highways Department under the Ministry of Communication, Govt. of Bangladesh.
- He has been responsible and deeply involved in wide range of civil engineering assignments which include field surveys and hydrological investigations, road embankments, bridges and culverts, protective works, bituminous roads and river training works, office and residential buildings, preparation of estimates, specifications, tender documents and contract award services. Among other tasks, he was responsible for Construction Supervision of Steel Truss Bridges over many important rivers.
- He retired as the Chief Engineer, RHD. As Project Director (Additional Chief Engineer, RHD) he has successfully completed the Third Road Rehabilitation and Maintenance Project (RRMP-III) financed by World Bank. This was the largest project in RHD costing about Tk.2500 crore. Dhaka-Sylhet Road Project was one of the major components of the project.
- He was also Project Director, Sylliet-Tamabil-Jaflong Road Project (KFAED), Additional Project Director, RRMP-III (WB), Project Manager, RRMP-I (Phase-I).
- He has worked as Project Co-ordinator (Additional Chief Engineer, RHD) CPIL. He has also experience in management of Training Centre Research and Testing Laboratory.
- He has foreign and local training in various fields such as procurement, management, construction and maintenance of Feeder Roads etc.
Syed Sakhawat Hossain
Heads the Roads & Highways Sector
B.Sc. Engg. (Civil) from Rajshahi University, 1969.
Engr. Syed Sakhawat Hossain has long 45 years of extensive diversified experiences in management of overall project planning and implementation, construction supervision, quality control, quantity surveying, contract administration and execution of large Bridges & Roads Project under Roads & Highway Department Govt. of Bangladesh. His major relevant projects are summarized below:
- He retired as the Additional Chief Engineer, RHD. As Project Director (Additional Chief Engineer, RHD) he has successfully rendered the construction supervision of the Third Road Rehabilitation and Maintenance Project (RRMP-III) financed by World Bank. This was the largest project in RHD costing about Tk.2500 crore. Dhaka-Sylhet Road Project was one of the major components of the project.
- He was also Project Director, for implementation of Feeder Road Type-A Project, (RRMP-III), RHD. Responsible for review of design and contract documents, site investigation, preparation and implementation of Project Quality Assurance Plan, checking of contractor’s work programme, method and material source.
- He was also Project Director, for implementation of the project of Nalka-Hatikamrul-Bonpara New Road Project under Third Road Rehabilitation and Maintenance Project funded by World Bank.
- Bridge Maintenance Engineer cum Deputy Team Leader, Development Design Consultants Ltd. (DDC),Bridge Improvement and Maintenance Project Phase-2 funded by the Overseas Development Agency, U.K
- Infrastructure Planner, Development Design Consultants Ltd. (DDC), responsible improvement and reconstruction works on priority basis under World Bank guidelines for RDP-7 Project undertaken by the LGED funded by World Bank
M. A. Barek
Heads the Bridge Sector
B.Sc. Engineering (Civil), BUET, Dhaka, 1970.
Engr. M. A Barek has 44 years of proven experience in handling of Civil Engineering Projects at home & abroad. He has immense knowledge in FIDIC based contract in documentation procurement, preparation of tender documents and evaluation, preparation of BoQ’s, programming and contract administration including preparation of variation order and assisting in settlement of disputes and claims. He is also well versed with Public Procurement Regulations (PPR), 2008. Mr. Barek worked as contract and documentation Engineer at National Housing Authority, Kuwait for about 6 years. His works relevant to the proposed assignment are summarized below:
- Construction of Port Facilities in order to prevent unauthorized encroachment of the Buriganga River and its foreshore land (US$ 5.09 M and 2009 to-date, Team Leader).
- IDB financed Detailed Engineering Design, Project Management and Supervision Consultancy Services for Rehabilitation of Doshi-Pol-E-Khumri Existing Road Project, Afghanistan (US$ 0.993 million, 2007-2008, Documentation Engineer (Home office Support).
- Khulna Bypass Road which included 16.54 km highway, 34m R.C.C. box culverts & one Pre-stressed R.C. bridge (US$ 16.80 million, 2001-2007, Resident Engineer cum-Acting Team Leader).
- Subah-Al-Salem Housing Project, National Housing Authority, Kuwait. The project included 1040 nos. of Two Storied Central Air-condition Villas, 15 km approach road, 10 km internal roads & 2 nos. of 33KVA substation buildings, school building and other infrastructures (US$ 29.97 M, 1981-1987, Contract and Documentation Engineer).
- From 1973-1981 he worked as Assistant Engineer, Sub-Divisional Engineer and Executive Engineer, RHD and acquired knowledge project preparation bidding documents, tendering, cost estimate and execution of a number of small and large projects.
A. K. M. Rezaul Haque
Heads the Road Sector
B.Sc. Engineering (Civil), BUET, Dhaka, 1975.
Engr. A. K. M. Rezaul Haque has long 41 years of extensive diversified experiences in management of overall project planning and implementation, construction supervision, quality control, quantity surveying, contract administration and execution of large Bridges & Roads Project under Roads & Highway Department Govt. of Bangladesh. His major relevant projects are summarized below:
- He retired as the Additional Chief Engineer, RHD. As Project Director (Additional Chief Engineer, RHD) he has successfully rendered the ADB financed a) South West Road Network Development Project (SRNDP); b) Emergency Flood Damage Rehabilitation Project (All over Bangladesh); c) Road Network Improvement & Maintenance Project (RNIMP-2) under greater Rangpur, Mymensingh and Chittagong region; d) Road Safety Component under SRNDP & RNIMP 2.
- Responsible for management of whole project activities under Asian development bank financing of South west road network development project (SRNDP).
- Emergency flood damage rehabilitation project (whole of Bangladesh).
- Road network improvement & maintenance project RNIMP 2 under greater Rangpur, Mymensingh and Chittagong Region.
- Road safety component under SRNDP & RNI Preparation & approval of all projects of Roads & Highways Department (Foreign aided & G.O.B funded) to be implemented under annual development programme including T.A project. Road & bridge construction & maintenance work in Chittagong & Chittagong hill tract districts. Project director flood damage rehabilitation project, road rehabilitation & maintenance project.
- Preparation of annual strategic plan & work programme for implemntation under annual development programme.
Heads the Design Sector
- Sc. (Geotechnical Engineering), Bangladesh University of Engineering and Technology (BUET), 1999.
- Sc. Engineering (Civil), Bangladesh University of Engineering and Technology (BUET), 1986.
Engr. Nur Sadeque has got over 30 years of practical experience in Foundation structure design, construction supervision, maintenance works of bridges, roads & hydraulic structures under RHD, BWDB and LGED and building projects under private ownership. He was involved with different works of Jamuna Multipurpose Bridge viz; maintenance of main bridge, River Training Works, Highway, Service Roads and associated Infrastructures, Railway Link Project and Toll Collection, Security, Fire Fighting and Traffic Control Systems requirements for the new Toll Plaza of Meghna and Meghna-Gomoti bridge project for long 12 years. Some of his past major projects are mentioned below:
- Construction Supervision and Project Management of Rajapara-Payra Port Connection Road Project.
- Construction Supervision Services for Construction of Shitalakhya Bridge Project.
- Conducting Sub-Soil Investigation & Digital Topographical Survey, Detail Design, Drawing (Draft & Final) and Cost Estimate for 40 (Forty) Bridges with Provision for Hydro-Morphological Study 01 (One) Bridge.
- Consultancy Services for Designing of 143 Nos. (4032m) RCC/Pre-stressed girder Bridges of Different Length at Different Upazila under Barisal Division Rural Infrastructure Development Project (BDRIDP).
- Detailed Design of Seti Nadi Network Arch Bridge (Span Length 108.0m), Bagar-Phoolbari Connecting Ward No, 1 & 11, Pokhara, Nepal.
- Design of Five (5) Numbers of Bridges from 40m through 70m Length Network Arch Bridge near Kathmandu Nepal.
- Design Review of Balaju Network Arch Bridge over Bishnumati River (Span Length 60.0m), Nepal.
- Design Review of Parapkar Network Arch Bridge (Span Length 64.0m), Nepal.
- Detail Design of Bridge Connecting LAP II & LAP IV over Dungsam Chhu, Bhutan.
- Construction of Bridge over the River Kushiyara at Raniganj Pagla-Jagannathpur-Raniganj Auskandi Road.
- Design of Dhobi Khola Network Arch Bridge (Span Length 50.0m), Kathmandu Nepal.
- Design of Bagmati Network Arch Bridge (Span Length 85.0m), Kathmandu Nepal.
- Pre-Feasibility Study, Feasibility Study, Detailed Design and Full Time Construction Supervision of 5.2 km long Flyover at Muradpur, 2 no. Gate and GEC Junction in Chittagong.
- Approach Road (Janjira side) of Padma Multipurpose Bridge Project.
- Construction of 110m long bridge (2nd phase) and other ancillary works over the lake from Army assisted School to proposed JCO’s/OR’s Residential Areas at Damalkote Area in Dhaka Cantonment.
- Strengthening of Link Road from Dhaka Trunk Road to Baizid Bostami Road including Design of Loop Road along the outer Periphery of Asian University for Women’s land in Chittagong under CDA.
- Fael Khair School cum Shelters Program (3-storied Cyclone Shelter), Managed by IDB.
- Feasibility Study for Bekutia Bridge on Perojpur- Jhalokathi Road over the River Kocha in Jhalokathi district, under BBA.
- Management, Operation and Maintenance of Bangabandhu Bridge.
- Detailed Design of the Substructure and Foundation of the Kanchan Bridge (Length 425 m).
- Meghna and Meghna-Gumoti bridge Toll Plaza Construction Project.
- Jamuna Multipurpose Bridge (Bangabandhu Bridge) Project.
- Jamuna Bridge Railway Link Project.
- RRMP-III project.
- Systems Rehabilitation Project (SRP), BWDB.
- Flood Action Plan (FAP) 12 & 13.
- Integrated Food for Work.
- Road Improvement Project and Road Sector Development Studies.
Sheikh Masum Md. Salahuddin
Heads the Procurement and Implementation Sectors
B.Sc. Engineering (Civil) Bangladesh Institute of Technology, Rajshahi, 2001.
Sheikh Masum Md. Salahuddin has about 16 years of valuable experience in survey, planning, structural designing, construction supervision, quality control and monitoring works of Road, Bridge, Culvert and Residential Building works. His major relevant projects are summarized below:
- Consulting Services for Conducting Sub-Soil Investigation & Digital Topographical Survey, Detail Design, Drawing (Draft & Final) and Cost Estimate for 40 (Forty) Bridges with Provision for Hydro-Morphological Study 01 (One) Bridge.
- Consultancy services for an Overpass under the Project of “Construction of Connecting Road from Natore Road (RUET) to Rajshahi by-pass Road”. The length of the Two-Lane overpass is 900 m.
- Feasibility Study and Detailed Design of Nabinagar – Shibpur – Radhika Road (18 Km of R203) under Brahmanbaria Road Division.
- Construction Supervision Services for Construction of Shitalakhya Bridge Project.
- Supervision of Construction work of Kadamtoli Junction Flyover, Chittagong.
- Road Network Assessment Work during the year 2012-2013 under Roads & Highways Department.
- Preparation of Detail Structural Design, Geometric Design, Estimate, Technical specification and Standard Tender Document of 03 (Three) Bridges under Naogaon & Manikgonj District.
- Consultancy Services for Detailed Design, Geometric Design, Supervision and Monitoring for Construction of Roads, Bridges/Culverts of Purbachal Link Road (Debograme-Progoti Sarani Connecting Road) under Rajdhani Unnayan Kartreepakha (RAJUK).
- Feasibility Study for Construction of Bridge at Ferry Location at 17th Km on Kachua – Betagi – Patuakhali – Lohalia – Kalaya Road (Z8052). Location: Patuakhali, Bangladesh.
- Feasibility Study and Preliminary Design for (i) construction of Bridge at Ferry Location at 70th Km. on Labukhali–Dumki–Boga-Dashmina–Golachipa–Amragachi Road (Z8806) (ii) construction of Bridge at 53rd Km. on Barishal – Jhalokhati – Bhandaria – Perojpur Road (R870) (iii) construction of Bridge at Ferry Location at 8th Km. on Rahmatpur – Babugonj– Muladia – Hizlakok Road (Z8034). Location: Patuakhali, Bangladesh.
- Construction of two bridges (560m each) on Brahmaputra River under Islampur Upazila of Jamalpur District under LGED.
- Strengthening of Link Road from Dhaka Trunk Road to Baizid Bostami Road including Design of Loop Road along the outer periphery of AUW’s Land at Chittagong.
- Detailed Design, Supervision and Monitoring for the Construction of Road, Bridge and Culverts of Madani Avenue (from Progoti Sarani Intersection to Balu River).
- Integrated Community Development Project (17 km road, 8 nos.bridge & culvert).
- Construction of Port Facilities In Order to Prevent Unauthorized Encroachment of the Buriganga River and Fore Shore Land under BIWTA.
- Green Line Elevated (North-2). Location: Dubai. Client: Road Transport Authority, Dubai. Fund: Dubai Govt. Main project features: Construction of Metro Rail (47.8 Km)
- Construction of Residential Building Project.
- Rehabilitation of Dhaka Sylhet Road (RRMP-III), Contract 2A.